How big is the universe? Find out at 'How Big is God?', Nov. 4 & 5, 2011
Tickets are $10 each or $40 per family (sold at door). Nursery care is available for children under 5. Separate activities are provided for K-3rd graders. Both Friday and Saturday events are included in the ticket price. (Saturday night repeats the How Big is God presentation.)
How Big is God? was created by the 4th Day Alliance and will use audio, visual effects, computer animation and laser star display to take the viewer on a journey that will explore the size of the Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, and beyond. Specifics on the How Big is God Event
FRIDAY, November 4th
- 9:30 - 10:30 am ~ Creation Astronomy (geared for grades 4 - adult)
- 10:40 - 11:40 am ~ Astronomy and the Bible (geared for grades 4 - adult)
- 11-45 am - 12-45 pm ~ LUNCH: Purchase at church or visit area restaurants
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm ~ How Big is God Multimedia flagship presentation for ALL ages
- 7:00 pm ~ How Big is God Multimedia flagship presentation for ALL ages
- 8:00 pm ~ Star-gazing party on church grounds, outdoors. Bring your own high-powered binoculars and/or telescopes if you have them.
Did you know???
Some people think the Bible only mentions creation in the first book of Genesis. But as you can see by the verses below, the theme of Christ the Creator and Sustainer is mentioned throughout the entire Bible, including the New Testament.
to our fathers by the prophets, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3He [Christ] is the radiance
of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature,
and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.
After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high...