Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Tis the season...for campaigning: Coon & Vukmir

Amid all the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparation, some people are preparing for something else: The 2010 elections! Tomorrow evening is Rep. Leah Vukmir's Christmas Party (see bottom of post); yesterday was David Coon's Christmas Open House.

Last night, I stopped in at David Coon's Open House. David lives in my neighborhood and is running for Rep. Leah Vukmir's vacant 14th District Assembly seat in the Wisconsin legislature.

Our paths had crossed during the Bush campaign (he was the contact for yard signs), so I was at least familiar with his name. He told me he started getting involved with politics when he worked on the Kasten campaign when he was just 17 years old. He has been a member of the Waukesha County Republican Party for over 20 years.

Before I went to his home, I had looked at his website: Davidcoonstateassembly.com and found he is not just a Republican, but a solid conservative. After meeting and speaking with him, I thought he was well versed in the issues important to me.

Contact David Coon dlcwm@netscape.net
Telephone:262-391-6817
Address: 955 Garvens Ave.
Brookfield WI 53005


I know there are others throwing their hat in the ring, but I have not looked into their candidacies yet--I am just getting started.

Tomorrow evening, Leah Vukmir is hosting a Christmas Party at Alioto's from 5:30 to 8:30pm. Radio host Jay Weber will be there too. Jay is breaking a long-standing rule of his not to do these sort of events, but he is making an exception for Leah! (Email Events@LeahVukmir.com or call 414-759-1100 for more information.) I don't usually attend these types of things, but I hope to stop in to wish her well.

Vukmir, as most know by now, is running for liberal Democrat Jim Sullivan's 5th District State Senate seat in November. All I can say is, more power to her! Leah is a solid conservative and not afraid to stand up for her beliefs.

On a very local level, I spotted my first mayoral race campaign sign. It was for David Marcello. (I am not supporting David, just reporting that I spotted a sign.)

So you see, it 'tis the season for campaigning too.


Links: Practically Speaking, Fairly Conservative, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home