Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Monday, August 03, 2009

In Obama's own words, "I don't think we're ...able to eliminate employer coverage immediately..."

To us the President says, "You can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you."

But check out this video piece I found on Drudge today: UNCOVERED VIDEO: OBAMA EXPLANAINS HOW HIS HEALTH CARE PLAN WILL 'ELIMINATE' PRIVATE INSURANCE I only just got my sound back on my computer so I could watch it. But in case you don't want to watch the clip, here are the quotes (as close as I could transcribe) from the video clips:

It opens with President Obama to the AMA in June of 2009: "The public option is not your enemy, it is your friend, I believe."

"Let me also address a illegitimate concern that is being put forward, by those who are claiming that a public option is somehow a Trojan horse for a single payer system."

Followed by Obama to the SEIU Health Care Forum in March of 2007: "My commitment is to make sure we got universal health care for all Americans by the end of my first term as president."

"I would hope that we set up a system that allows those who can't go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort."

"But I don't think we are going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately, there's going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out, or 15 years out, or 20 years out."

Then it shows Obama addressing the AFL-CIO Civil, Human and Women's Rights Conference in 2003: "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan. A
single payer, health care plan, Universal health care plan, that is what I would like to see."

July 27, 2009: Democrat Representative Barney Frank then expresses his support for single payer systems: "I think if we get a good public option it could lead to single payer and that is the best way to reach single payer."

May of 2009: Democrat Representative Jan Schakowsky then talks about how an insurance guy sitting next to her argued against the public insurance option, saying that it would put private insurance out of business because it wouldn't allow private insurance to compete. She then says to the crowd she was addressing, "He was right, the man was right!"*

Lastly, a clip of the President saying, "Nobody is talking about some government takeover of health care."

Really?


More reading and viewing:
The YouTube piece on Breibart came from NakedEmperorNews.com

*Hear the whole clip, which adds "I am so confident in the superiority of a public health care option that I think he has every reason to be frightened." Gateway Pundit: Rep. Jan Schakowski Lies to FOX Business Channel About Destroying the Private Insurance Industy

The Heritage Foundation:
Barney Frank: Public Option is Best Way to Single Payer

HotAirPundit has an intersting set of video clips at the bottom of his post showing Pres. Obama claiming "I don't believe Government can or should run Health Care."

Links:
Practically Speaking, Fairly Conservative, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, CNS News, Jay Weber, Mark Levin, Vicki McKenna Jay Weber, The Right View Wisconsin, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home