Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Friday, October 09, 2009

How will you shoo the flu? A vaccine or vitamins?

A friend asked last week, Are you concerned about the H1N1 virus? No, I said.

Will you get the H1N1 vaccine?
NO! I then muttered something about they would have to hog-tie me before I would get it. I believe the vaccine is more dangerous than the actual flu.

She then asked, Are you getting a regular flu shot? I said, No, never have, most likely, never will. Why do you ask, I asked?

I'm not getting them either; I just wanted to make sure I was on the right page!

What makes her questions a little more pertinent is that she is a nurse.

I am just amazed at the flu hype. You see the regular flu shot tables set up at shopping centers and stores. People are worried that they won't be able to get their H1N1 vaccine. (Some health care workers are worried they will have to get it.)

The last time we had the swine flu scare in 1976, people rushed to get the untested vaccine and many ended up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome or French Polio. I didn't get the vaccine then and didn't get the flu either. This time around, Doctors are told to watch for Guillain-Barre again with this Swine flu scare.

So how am I planning on shooing the flu? Vitamin D. Lots of Vitamin D. Somewhere around 5,000 to 6,000 IUs a day of good quality D3 is a good place to start. (Vitamin Shoppe has Carlson brand of D3.) More and more research is showing just how vital vitamin D is in preventing many diseases and conditions. The CDC also stumbled on a link between Vitamin D deficiency and H1N1 deaths.

We Wisconsinites in the north country don't get enough sunlight to make our own Vitamin D. Supplements are the only way to ensure proper levels. My doctor tested my vitamin D levels, but certainly during flu season, increasing vitamin D3 consumption would be helpful for most people. I am not a doctor or nurse so I will just say, check out increasing your vitamin D3 intake for yourself. It might help you shoo more than just the flu.

More reading: N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine
Swine Flu Shot Linked to Killer Nerve Disease
Watch CBS Videos Online

Links: Practically Speaking, Fairly Conservative, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home