Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Saturday, October 31, 2009

N.Y.'s 23rd Congressional race more interesting: Republican quits

When I posted Litmus Test: Watching Doug Hoffman's N.Y. 23rd race with great interest on Thursday, I never anticipated that the Republican candidate, Dede Scozzafava, would suspend her campaign on Saturday! This is amazing.

I wouldn't have known about it, but someone asked a question about starting a 3rd party at Congressman Sensenbrenner's Town Hall meeting and mentioned that Scozzafava had dropped out of the New York race. Wow. I wondered, Could that be true? As soon as I returned home, I checked Drudge. Sure enough, it was:

"Republican Dede Scozzafava announced Saturday that she is suspending her campaign in the Nov. 3 House special election in New York, a dramatic development that increases the GOP's chances of winning the contentious and closely-watched race."

Her analysis of her unpopularity shows she just doesn't get it.
"'In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be. The reality that I've come to accept is that in today's political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money—and as I've been outspent on both sides, I've been unable to effectively address many of the charges that have been made about my record,' she said in a statement. "

In my opinion, it wasn't the money, it was her anti-Republican positions! She was after all pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-stimulus spending, pro-card check, to name a few.

If she had been even a moderate Republican, I doubt conservative people from all over the nation would have rallied against her with donations of time and money.

I would like to point out that though many in the media, and even within the Republican party, would like to discount former Gov. Sarah Palin's ability to influence, she was one of the first to throw her support to the true conservative, Doug Hoffman.

It is a good thing November 3rd is just a few days away, this is getting exciting.


*The Town Hall was well attended, about 200. I hope to post a report on Monday.

Links: Practically Speaking, Fairly Conservative, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home