Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Visit O Little Town of Bethlehem, Brookfield


On Thursday and Friday mornings, I will travel in time back to ancient Bethlehem to participate in Elmbrook Church's Bethlehem Marketplace.
This will mark my 4th time working in Bethlehem.

I have worked in the weavers and dyers booth as well as the spice shop before, but this year I am going to try my hand as an apothecary and do a bit of gossiping in town too. (I guess the gossip was the ancient version of blogging?)

If you have never been to Bethlehem Marketplace, do make an effort to go. It truly must be seen to be believed! The church does an excellent job of transforming the gymnasium into ancient Bethlehem.

The guests tour through the marketplace in Bethlehem and visit the various vendors--that is where volunteers like me come in. We man the booths in costume and perform various jobs, assuming the roles of the locals in living history mode.

In past years, they always had an oasis family, complete with camels and lots of animals. The tourists' travels end with the last stop, the stable, complete with Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus. I have to admire those moms who bring their newborns in for their child's first acting job!

Admission is very reasonable at $3. There are still a few time slots left, but you better hurry!
They still could use volunteers too so if you have done this before or feel comfortable doing living history, consider signing up.

For more information, visit the Bethlehem Marketplace website or call the church hotline, (262) 796-5730

Brookfieldnow: Spending Christmas in Bethlehem


Links: Practically Speaking, Fairly Conservative, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home