Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Guest Posting: Matt Thomas tells Elmbrook ,Why a tax increase? You can maintain buildings!

Excerpts from Matt Thomas of Newberlinnow

"I sent the first e-mail to the Elmbrook School Board and I got the second e-mail back from their media spin guy. None of the board members called or contacted me.

Why a tax increase?

Dear Elmbrook Board Members:

Hi, my name is Matt Thomas. I serve as the Vice President on the New Berlin School Board. ...Did you know that you can take care of your buildings without large tax increase referendums? That is what we've done here in New Berlin. We have a brand new state-of-the-art elementary school called Ronald Reagan Elementary that opened last month. We're almost done with improvements at New Berlin West High School...

All of this has been done without a referendum and within the regular budget. Have you considered this as an option? I would be happy to talk with you about how we were able to do this...

...We as a board decided to increase the amount set aside by $100,000 per year. By 2000, we were able to build that up to almost $2 million per year that was set aside each year. In the years since 2000, the board has been able to leverage that annual amount by borrowing against it to provide tens of millions of dollars for the building projects in our district....

Thanks,
Matt Thomas"

(Emphasis added)

Read Matt's entire letter to the school board.

ONLY 9 MORE DAYS UNTIL MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TUESDAY!
LINKS:Brookfieldnow, Votenoapril3.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home