Popeye Pizza a.k.a. Quick Spinach Pizzas
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Tortilla or pita bread: white, whole wheat or herb flavor - at least 1 per person
- Tomato spaghetti sauce, I use my own home made, but a favorite jar variety would be OK too
- Thawed frozen spinach, squeeze out excess liquid - a 9oz pkg is plenty for 3 - 6 pizzas
- Diced or crumbled feta cheese
- Grated Parmesan, Asiago, or Fontinella cheese
- Mozzarella cheese chunks, a few cut up cheese sticks will do, or pieces of Provolone cheese slices work too
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Kalamata, Greek, or ripe black olives, halved and pits removed
- Spray cookie sheet with PAM (or sheets depending on how many you make)
- Arrange the tortillas or pitas on the sheets. It is OK if they touch each other a little
- Spoon sauce on tortilla or pita and spread around until it is evenly distributed
- Sprinkle the spinach on, you kind of have to pull it apart so it is even
- Sprinkle on the Feta, Italian, and Cheddar cheese to taste
- Add the split olives
These can be used for lunch, a quick supper, or even cut into little pizza wedges for an appetizer.
Any pizza topping could be added such as mushrooms, roasted red peppers, cooked Italian sausage slices, grilled onions, etc. I just use the above mentioned ingredients because they are readily available in my larder.
You too can be "Strong to the finich" 'cuz you eats your spinach!