Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Will you see the Dead Sea Scrolls? Want to learn more?

Are you planning on seeing the special Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum? I have heard it is spectacular. It is the largest special exhibit our museum has ever produced. The Dead Sea Scrolls have been traveling the museum special exhibit circuit in the U.S., but this one, I have heard, incorporates even more artifacts into the exhibition.

OnMilwaukee.com has an in depth account of the exhibit in Stunning "Dead Sea Scrolls" a trove of history Their posting states "faith is not a prerequisite for marveling at 'Dead Sea Scrolls and the Bible: Ancient Artifacts, Timeless Treasures.'" In other words, it is an exhibit anyone can benefit from.

Usually I like to familiarize myself with the subject of a special exhibit before I attend. Knowing what to look for ahead of time makes my experience that much more meaningful. Sure, I have read one of the books and some info on the scroll discovery over the years, but knowing more of the background information enhances my exhibit experience.

Fortunately, my Sunday School teacher, Dr. Gary Gulan is presenting a special Dead Sea Scroll Seminar this weekend, with lots of slides. If you would like to attend, just contact me and I will give you the specifics.

I am going to see the exhibit mid March. (I'll try to do a follow up post.) You have until June 6th to see it. And speaking of seeing it, On Milwaukee suggests bringing your reading glasses. Good idea.

It sounds like the Milwuakee Public Museum outdid themselves on this one. It shouldn't be missed.

Links: Practically Speaking, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home