Call before 9:45am! State election law reform AB 895 automatically registers voters & hampers poll watchers
- Sen. Spencer Coggs (D-Milwaukee), chairman and bill sponsor, (608) 266-2500
- Sen. Bob Wirch (D-Pleasant Prairie), (608) 267-8979
- Sen. John Lehman (D-Racine), (608) 266-1832
- Sen. Alan Lasee (R-De Pere), (The number given is not working.)
- Sen. Glenn Grothman (R-West Bend), (608) 266-7513
- Assembly Speaker Mike Sheridan (D-Janesville), (608) 266-7503
- Senate Majority Leader Russ Decker (D-Weston), (608) 266-2502
- Gov. Jim Doyle, (608) 266-1212
This Election Overhaul bill will automatically register voters when they get their drivers licenses or register their cars. Another thing it does is prevent poll watchers from challenging a voter unless that poll watcher actually lives in the ward they are watching. There is also an online registration confirmation provision. These measures make voter fraud easier.
I asked Spencer Coggs aid how they would prevent legal aliens, who got drivers licenses or purchased a car, from being registered to vote. He said he didn't think they could get a license. (Oh, brother.)
Besides the potential for legal aliens, what about illegals? I personally witnessed an attempt of an illegal to get a drivers license and saw how the DMV worker pretty much just told him he needed a better copy (in other words, a better forgery) of his social security card. I don't think we want the DMV determining who gets put on the voter rolls!
The confirmation process of the auto registration in this bill seems like a whole lot of gobbledygook to me. How about we just get a photo Voter ID law and call it a day?More on this later. It will probably pass committee and be on the Senate and Assembly floor before we know it. Argh.
Sweeping elections overhaul moving through Legislature
Links: Practically Speaking, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation