Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My primary ballot picks

It is time to decide! Wisconsin's Primary Election is Tuesday, September 14th. In Wisconsin, that means one party voting--no crossing over. I voted Republican.

Here are my picks in the order they appeared on my ballot: (I am voting for all running unopposed but will not mention them below.)

Governor: Scott Walker
Scott walker has run a very positive campaign, I think. His ads were upbeat and almost had an Andy of Mayberry quality to them. His latest ad, holding Neumann's feet to the fire for his vote for a pork laden transportation bill while in Congress was more pointed however.
Walker rally made political hay, ad gained national attention

Should Mark Neumann prevail, I will hold my nose and vote for him in November, but I do not like how he has run his campaign. His latest ad about career politicians going negative is absurd considering he was the first to go negative and only recently reinvented himself as the kinder, gentler Mark Neumann. Now he seems to be back in negative mode. In addition, I have a problem with a candidate who chides government spending but owns a business that benefits from government subsidies on green technology. Hopefully I will not have to hold my nose in November. Mark Neumann opposes Vermont-style concealed carry!

Lieutenant Governor: Rebecca Kleefisch I also think Dave Ross would be a good choice, but it does not seem he has campaigned much down here--at least nothing has come to my mailbox.
Lt. Gov. candidate Rebecca Kleefisch on Fox & Friends
More concerned what Brett Davis DID than what Lt. Gov. does

State Treasurer: I have not settled on a candidate. It is not an office I have followed, so I will leave it blank. (I do not vote for people I do not know anything about.) FYI, Randy Melchert picked Scott Feldt.

United States Senate: Ron Johnson If you remember, I urged people to call up Ron to encourage him to run for Senate back in April. In one early conversation with him, I think he joked I was his first fan. He has done well in his campaign and will do well for us in Washington.
Ron Johnson, Feingold virtually tied in poll" November can't come fast enough!
Ron Johnson enters US Senate race
Ron Johnson would be my ideal candidate

David Westlake should run for a state office if he is interested in serving. He is a good conservative voice and would be a good representative at the state level.

Representative to the Assembly District 14: Dale Kooyenga Dale Kooyenga is a solid conservative and will serve us well in Madison. He has run a very energetic, organized campaign from what I can see and is spot on on the issues that matter to me.
Wisconsin 14th Assembly Forum tonight in Tosa with Kooyenga, Coon, Maurer...

Waukesha County Sheriff: Daniel Trawicki I voted for Dan. He is endorsed by many legislators that I admire, such as Leah Vukmir. I was wary of his opponent, Tom Alioto, who was off of work for over a year due to a "hostile environment". How would he manage a larger department? I stuck with Trawicki.

Check fellow Conservative blogger Randy Melchert for more races (including Congressional races in other districts) and his insights: Randy's September 14th Wisconsin Republican Primary Voter Guide
His blog stated he would have State Senate and Assembly picks in the near future.

More past posts: Wisconsin's primary is 3 weeks away, who are you voting for?
To Do List: Email Aldermen & Mayor re: Brookfield train station, Walker rally in 3rd Ward

Brookfield District 7 residents, remember you now vote at St. Luke's Church on Greenfield and Davidson.

Links: Practically Speaking, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home