Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Monday, April 26, 2010

Ron Johnson would be my ideal candidate for US Senate

The big question on conservative minds in Wisconsin is, Will businessman Ron Johnson throw his hat in the US Senate ring this week?

Governor Doyle's Commerce Secretary, Dick Leinenkugel, announced Monday that he IS running, get this, as a Reagan Conservative! (He couldn't be any worse than Russ Feingold, and he promises to repeal ObamaCare and be against High Speed Rail--for now.)

State Senator Ted Kanavas is expected to announce he is NOT running against Feingold. (He confirmed that Tuesday morning.)

So that leaves Ron Johnson. Now, I don't want to give the impression Ron is my last choice, because Ron is my FIRST choice!

If you recall, I first mentioned Ron Johnson as a possibility in early April: Run, Johnson, Neumann, Grothman, Kanavas, Leibham, RUN! Spare us from Leinenkugel. (Notice, I gave him top billing.)

In that post, I suggested people call Ron to urge him to run. "If Mr. Johnson is indeed as described above, I could get behind him. Maybe you would like to contact him? I found this phone number on the internet for Pacur [his company]- (920) 236-2888."

Well, I followed my advice and called. Ron returned my call and we had a nice conversation. He is strongly considering running. He emphasized that if he would, it would be as a Citizen Legislator, not a Career Politician. Since that time I spoke with him again and have emailed a little. He seems to be just what we are looking for.

I have included an excerpt from my April 15th Madison Tea Party Report, so you can familiarize yourself with Ron Johnson too. He later sent me the link to his Tea Party Speech:

"There were many great speakers, some known to me--some new. I was excited that Ron Johnson from the Oshkosh Tea Party addressed the crowd. Johnson is the Oshkosh businessman I am hoping will throw his hat into the U.S. Senate ring to run against Russ Feingold. Ron emphasized the need for Citizen Legislators rather than Career Politicians. He gets it. Ron Johnson's speech."

So, now we wait. All I can do is repeat, Run, Ron Johnson, RUN!

Links: Practically Speaking, Betterbrookfield, RandyMelchert, Jay Weber, Vicki McKenna, The Right View Wisconsin, CNS News, Mark Levin, Breitbart BigGovernment, The Heritage Foundation

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home