Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sorry Steve, they are calling it $100 million!

I am sure by now you have heard the $99.3 million dollar high school referendum was approved by our school board in a 6-1 vote. Thanks Patrick Murphy for standing up for the taxpayers! Sad to say Tom Gehl voted for it.

Steve Schwei knocked $500,000 off from the price tag in an effort to massage the public's perception of the referendum as $99 million instead of $100 million. (Much like retailers calling something $9.99 rather than $10.00.) I am sure the voters will be fooled by that one!

This morning on the news, the reporter spouted the headline: Elmbrook approves a $100 million referendum, the most expensive in state history. Sorry Steve, your plan did not work.

More about this later...I can only deal with one horrendous waste of taxpayer money at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home